Labels

Thursday, July 16, 2009

GoBaldyLook


So finally after such a long time, I took the plunge & went "full monty" with my head.Translated, I shaved my head :). My hairs were coarse, full of dandruff (ewww..), falling & turning grey, and that's when I realized, it is time for "a new beginning". Apart from that I wanted to do it at least once till it is in my hand (or on my head :P ), just another tick on my 'bucket list' :).

What I really found interesting were some of the responses (though I must admit, not completely unexpected :P ) :

Here are some of them ( in no particular order ) :

  • Inability to recognize me from 2 feets away when they saw me for the first time. One of my friend called me 'Chotu' and almost asked me to bring him some chaai.
  • Why ? Why ? Why ? ( with supressed laughter juxstaposed with shock... I would interpret it as awe ,courtesey my glorious GoBaldyLook :P ). Supressed laughter later turned into uncontrollable hoo..hoo..haa..haa...with the clutching of the stomach and a pointed finger at me.
  • What happened ? (almost a shreik !!! ), Gum got stuck in your hair ?
  • Everything alright at home (Owing to a Hindu tradition ), I quickly reassured them that nothing of the sort has happened and then can go ahead, laugh and make fun of me. Everyone obliged :)
  • The priceless open mouth with popping eyes.
  • The rhetorical question, "Dude .. what the F*&^$ ?"
  • The mean and loud laugh (It hurts.. man :( , coming from the person who knows how to do it)
there were some others, but I'll save them for a sequel ( I can very well write a book :) )

Stay Beautiful
Amitabh

P.S. : I am not going to post a pick of my own, enough people made fun of me already ...boo hoo hoo :D

1 comment:

  1. My precious suggestion to you on shaving bald due to dandruff:
    DO NOT DO THAT !!!
    Only keep them smallest , crew cut, that u can. Because the scalp me be getting some hormones triggered skin disorder, and once shaved, the hair folicles may not be strong enough to send new hair through the scalp. keep the pores of folicle open , by not shaving off completely , but only keeping the hair short.
    And those may not be dandruff, but conglomeration of dried skin of scalp,( hormones triggered.)

    ReplyDelete