Labels

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Love Ya XL !!!

--> -->
This is story of an ordinary college boy. His story is as common as can be till something happens. During the very first few days ...Like you see a girl .. beautiful, smart and so intelligent that everyone seems to be eating out of her hands. You being the ordinary guy .. look at her in once in a while and try to console yourself by concentrating on some other stuff. The time goes by .. she is too good, you don't stand a chance and you remain the invisible guy that you are .. at least to her.
You are so much enamored that .. You feel scruffy when she is around... you feel tongue tied even when you know that you are not going to talk to her and she not to you. You live your life in the self-denial mode and keep it a secret even from your best friend.. Since he might find it funny and you really would not like it. You try talking yourself out of it .. it doesn't work. You try focusing your attention on something which supposedly is more important (study, career and all that crap they talk about), even that doesn't work.
Then as it happens with almost everything in life ... somehow your heart beats a little less faster when you see her. You try to follow the rule of "avoidance leads to forgetfulness". You succeed partially... life seems a little better now ... at least on the surface.
Then out of nowhere.. After 2 years in the college ... on a fateful day, something happens. You are coming back from your college and since you are thinking about the India-Pakistan match that India lost yesterday.. You don't notice her approaching you from the side. Suddenly she is standing in front of you and she asks. "Hi Amit, How are you?" (Let’s assume that’s your name).
You are dumbstruck. Caught between the feeling of shock and euphoria (She KNOWS my name !!!), you mumble something ..which obviously isn't audible enough but essentially meaning that you are good and something like that.
She understands and nods appreciatively.(Why ? ..you wonder ).Then she asks ... a little awkward herself, "Do you like coffee ? "
You being the klutz you are, reply , "Yeah .. kinda.." Looking everywhere but towards her.
"Oh..good", and then there is silence -- the odd kind where nobody would speak for a while and hope that the other would somehow rescue you two from this misery.. ..the sweet misery of those early days.
"Uh... would you mind, If I walk with you for a while", says the sweet one ... the one you waited for all along, the one who descended from heaven and landed right to your heart. Is this really happening, you ask yourself and pinch hard... yeah it is !!! .. And it's not another one of you dreams you have once in a while.
Your mind runs fast, very fast ... thinking things which are unimaginable.. looking for reasons for this sudden stroke of luck .. and finally believing in GOD.
Snapped back to real world and senses, you say " I don't mind" then regret immediately and add quickly " I mean .. sure! I would love to" and sigh with relief... just hoping that she won't change her mind.
And then you start walking .. together.. for a short walk now ... and then towards the future ... where there is bliss and there is heaven... though they might doubt it ...but you do live happily ever after.

Why I wrote this all ... just to tell you what XL means to me. When I started preparing for B-School entrance exams ... XLRI Jamshedpur was such a big name for me .. that I even didn't dare to dream about XLRI Jamshedpur, with my own deficiency in Maths and XAT's reputation for Whacko Quant section. I wrote XAT like a Zombie and the only good thing I remember doing is not attempting a single questions I was not sure of. To my utter surprise and delight, I got a GD/PI call from XLRI and the rest is as they say History.
XLRI PMIR to me is like that girl I mentioned above, so wonderful that I was afraid to admit my love for her even to myself. XLRI PMIR was my dream course and I am while writing this from XL, LIVING MY DREAM.
I am in Love and I don't care who knows it :D.
XL meri jaan .. love ya !!!

17 comments:

  1. She goes around with a signed contract...we get 2 years from her...make good of it ...so u may have no reason to regret later... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well put, my friend. Although I disagree with Hameed's comment...Maybe my personal opinion, but I think we will take away a lifetime's worth of memories, good friends, knowledge, and an attitude to do better and better in life. Cheers to XL, and cheers to us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is what i would call words moulded into sensuality.well, as the affair has begun now, bet it'll last forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a mail that every outgoing batch gets from Madshuks (Prof. Madhukar Shukla)....

    It says, "You never leave XLRI...You just check out at the end of two years. XL stays with you forever :) "

    ReplyDelete
  5. good write...i do not belong to XL so cannot say much about it..
    But as always I love reading ur blog -- Tanushree (ILP)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! :) Totally relate to what you wrote there as I'm very much in love with XL - BM myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is true for every professional course. People say that's where you make friends for life and I truly believe that. At law school I've made really close friends and gotten to like the whole routine that I almost dread the end.

    Anyway more than the theme, the way it was put was beautiful in a very simple style.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bahut khoob Amitabh..tum us type ke ladkon mein se ho jisne apne ladki /pyaar ko paane ke liye mehnat ki.
    I hope ki main bhi aisa kar pata ya kar paaonga.
    Pichhley 7 saalon mein jitna jaana hai ussey main keh sakta hoon ki kaash I be like you in trying hard for what you like but aisa nahin hai.
    Anyway kaafi badhiya lekh likha hai tune. Engineering mein hum gana suntey thhey "XL ki kudiyan" aur sochtey thhey ki wahan padhney wale kaise hongey. BUt you are there and it tells ki wahan mehnat karne waaley hotey hain
    Thats it. Ab kaafi likh diya
    Enjoy your time there and continue your journey towards a bigger goal...LIFE

    ReplyDelete
  9. :D i must say its one of those kick-ass shots to inspire to give XAT - even if u think u suck big time at quant or DI! :D thanx! at this time - i just needed this shooter! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is one of the best blogs i hv ever read....really inspired me aloy.....keep doin the gud work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice!!..totally agree that XL is not a place or a location it is an experience that changes one's life..& the palce does stay with u forever..:)-Renuka XLRI-BM

    ReplyDelete
  12. its all hyped whateva ........i cant say becoz i havent studIED in IIM s its media hyped generally what i think the brand is made by the people who pass out from the college not from the media glare that u develop in the media...same a and apply to the author of the blog u and few others in XL tried to use some american english and think ur a alien and intelligent species rem its the content which matters not ur style........

    ReplyDelete
  13. @anonymous:

    though, I am not sure if I understand exactly what u are trying to say.. I would say ..that this blog post is an heartfelt expression of my feeling when I got into XLRI, Jamshedpur..
    and definitely not a brand promotion exercise...

    XL can and is doing better than a mere blog post in this respect

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a nice way of expressing love and gratitude towards your Alma Mater. College days are the best indeed.. you never leave the place, part of you stays there while you take part of it with you and move on in life... Hence, you never really leave, itz just stepping out from there in the bigger world to make it better!
    P.S. happenned to visit ur blog randomly! so, u dont have to think abt whr dis comment came from! Best wishes...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome blog. Can't wait to crack XAT 2013 now. :) -TJ

    ReplyDelete